Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Troop 125 had to cancel all in-person meetings and events including our spring break bike trip across the state of Florida, summer camp at Camp Daniel Boone in North Carolina, and our Western Trip to Salmon River High Adventure Base, Glacier National Park, and Yellowstone National Park.
However, Scouting forges on! In order to continue our program for our scouts, we have shifted to virtual scouting. So, what has Troop 125 done the past several months?
- Patrol Meetings – our patrols are meeting virtually. The scouts have been putting together a meeting agenda and held informative and fun meetings.
- PLC – our Patrol Leaders Council has continued to meet virtually to come up with ideas for virtual scouting and lend a hand to patrols needing assistance with virtual patrol meetings.
- Annual Planning Meeting – our scouts held our annual planning meeting virtually to plan the coming scouting year.
- Rank Advancement – scouts have been continuing to advance in rank through virtual meetings with assistant scoutmasters. We have also been able to conduct scoutmaster conferences and boards of review.
- Eagle Scouts – Troop 125 had 2 scouts earn the rank of Eagle Scout during this time of virtual scouting.
- Merit Badges – the troop has held virtual merit badge classes, and our scouts have attended merit badge classes held by Gulf Stream Council.
- BSA National Camp-in – Troop 125 scouts participated in the BSA National Camp-in held on May 2.
- Court of Honor – our April Court of Honor was cancelled, but we held a virtual Court of Honor on May 26.
- Gulf Stream Council Virtual Camporee – our scouts attended the Gulf Stream Council Virtual Camporee June 5-7.
- Troop 125 Campfire – our scouts held a virtual campfire on July 17 with skits, songs, and a dessert contest.
We look forward to the day when we can return to in-person meetings and events, but we are grateful to the scouts and leaders who kept the scouting program moving forward during this difficult time.